The Higher Education Department GoAJK has started a number of initiatives to address the major issues identified for multiple subsectors of higher education. These initiatives are listed in the following:
• Biometric Attendance System in 176 Colleges
• Provision of 56 Busses to Colleges
• AJK State talent scholarships for 1258 students each year on merit.
• Punjab Educational Endowment Fund(PEEF) scholarships for 50 students each year.
• AJK-PEEF scholarships for 450 students each year.
• Awards(best college/Principal/teacher/student) .
• BISE position holder students scholarships.
• Automation of admission system in AJK Nomination Board
• Establishment and Up-gardation of Computer Labs
• Provision of furniture and Lab equipments
• Teachers Training in CTTI Muzaffarabad
• Development Schemes (Completed /Ongoing Projects)